Residence is the right choice for your student. Navigating a new place, as well as adjusting to the new course load that university presents can be challenging. This is why we have so many residence-exclusive supports, services and programs in place to foster their academic success.
Your student's choice to live here while studying at Western has so many benefits:
- Supportive academic environment conducive to sleep and study, with dedicated quiet hours and individual study spaces in each residence
- Close connections to campus, enabling your student to make friends easily and join extracurricular clubs
- Convenient access to class, libraries, the Rec Centre, and other campus facilities
- Quality rooms and furnishings in clean, well-maintained buildings that have regular housekeeping
- 24/7 access to either front desk staff, student leaders, and professional Residence Managers, who live and work in each residence to support students' needs and promote safety
- Access to professional and confidential counselling services exclusively for students living in residence free of charge
- An excellent and flexible meal plan, tailored to individual tastes and dietary needs
- Opportunity to attend programs and activities that have been developed to support academic studies and personal growth
We know that starting university is a big step for your student and we are here to help. Residence Staff and Student Leaders organize many activities to bring people together, fostering social wellness and academic support.
While we provide the top-notch amenities to help your student thrive at university, it is your student who creates their own residence experience. Encourage your student to get involved to make their residence experience more enjoyable and rewarding.
Your student can also choose to continue living in upper-year residences, which offer more independence and the convenience and comfort of campus living.
Note: Upper-year residence will not be offered for the 2021-22 academic year. Uncertainty associated with COVID-19 and the rollout of vaccines has added a level of complexity to our planning. In order to honour our residence guarantee to the incoming first-year class, we are unable to accept upper-year residence applications at this time.
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions, or follow us on social media to keep updated on your student's residence life.
Parent eNewsletter 2021-22 Subscription
Stay up to date with important information about residence! Your student will have the opportunity to provide your email address in their myHousing Portal. Ask them to log in and provide your information to subscribe you to our emails.